Deacon Design Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, when you visit our website will be processed by us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2016, the data controller is Deacon Design Ltd, 12A The Square, Wickham, PO17 5JQ.
1. Information we collect from you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which the person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer the following data about you:
- Information you provide when completing an enquiry on our website, including your name, email address and phone number.
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and time zone setting; and
- Page interaction information including lengths of visits to certain pages, URL of how you arrived at our website.
2. How will we use this information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, and marketing.
- If you have completed an online enquiry form via our website, we will use your contact details for this purpose only.
3. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measure to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents who have a business need to know.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
5. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you may be entitled to the following rights:
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data for any purpose, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us at Deacon Design Ltd, 12A The Square, Wickham, PO17 5JQ or by email to .
- You can ask us to rectify any inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you.
- To request the erasure of personal information that we hold about you where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- To restrict our processing of your personal data.
- To request a copy of your personal data from us in a commonly used and machine-readable format or that we transmit your personal data to another data controller.
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you.
- To access information held about you. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
6. Links to and from our site
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients and design team colleagues. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Lawful basis for using cookies:
- When you first access our website, a cookie message will pop up in your browser asking you to confirm whether you consent to our use of non-essential cookies. By ticking the box, you are agreeing to our use of such cookies as set out in this policy.
Generally you can also restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by any websites by changing your internet browser settings.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
If you delete cookies relating to this website, we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor next time you visit the site.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk.